Thursday, November 12, 2009

Eddie Tapp, Photoshop Guru comes to town.



Two weeks of exposure to some of the most prestigious photographers in my field.  I am a lucky man.  This week, I had the opportunity to spend time with Eddie Tapp.  He is the photographer’s Photoshop Guru.  As a pioneer in digital photography, Eddie’s digital retouching techniques have become an essential element in the business.

As an individual, Eddie is quiet and reserved yet he is incredibly observant.  He has a decidedly unique way of seeing the world.  Things that the average person might overlook, Eddie finds beauty.  On another level, his Zen-like attitude makes him very astute and an incredible educator.

In fact, I remember my first Photoshop seminar with Eddie.  After just making the leap into digital photography, I had to learn digital retouching techniques.  Eddie was a presenter at the WPPI (The Wedding Professional Photographers International) conference in Las Vegas.  I was dumbfounded but I got it because he created a rich and reassuring learning environment.  All questions were encouraged and answered in a considerate and patient fashion. 


For almost ten years, I have continued to augment my skills by attending Eddie’s Photoshop seminars when ever possible.  His approach and methods have had a great influence on my craft and business.  I employ his retouching techniques in my own work because his method is transparent and subtle.  These techniques truly help me create gorgeous photographs that become family heirlooms.       

No comments:

Post a Comment